Pages

Friday 1 March 2019

Hunches About Teaching and Learning

Looking at the data from the PAT Student Report Overtime , it is evident that
students' achievements are fluctuating from year to year and even from February
to November of the same year.
The question is what is happening over the course of the year? OR is the summer effect
still a great impact on my students progress?
For Writing - The student Result Summary over the years has indicated teacher judgement is fluctuating too. I am trying to make sense the progress that some of my target students made over time. Was it good teaching or was it a wrong judgment.
I look at my students (the target students in particular) These students and majority of my learners come into school below the expected norm. All they do is playing catch up in learning. By the time they get to Year 7 & 8, the nature of development and looming teenage years has huge impact on them. I always noticed that the Learning Disposition is their enemy and so to me. I tried tirelessly to be encouraging and support my learners to be serious about their learning. I think, there is something I am not doing right.

No comments:

Post a Comment