Pages

Saturday 29 July 2017

Empowerment and Ownership

Student-led conference : Empowerment and Ownership
Putting students in the driver's seat of their parent-teacher conferences creates opportunities for reflection, engagement, and agency.
Had been involved in this Student/Parent/Teacher conference since the turn of tide. This year with my inquiry focus, the SPT conference really made think of this powerful situation for the students. Students taking charge of the 10 minutes meeting.

It was very important to spend time to prepare learners for the conference. It made them feel in control of the situation.
However, this situation needs to transfer to the daily activities in our learning space. Still some learners struggled with taking their learning seriously.  I looked for support from the management. I am overjoyed with  the positive response that I will co-teach with Mrs L for literacy and numeracy. I look forward for this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment